Thursday, January 7, 2010

Words To Live By

I ran into an older family friend the other day.  He is a large guy, and rather boisterous.  In short, I like him.  He was telling me that he was invited to 8 Parties between Christmas and New Years.  Then he said: "And do you know what?....I went to them all!....Do You Know Why?"  He didn't really wait for a response. 
Then he laid this on me:  "My Mother always used to say that you are dead a long time!"
If that statement doesn't offer some perspective, I'm not sure what would.  It makes my dirty house seem so trivial, thanks for the insight!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

He is brilliant. That is good philosophy for life!

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Love it! That phiosophy did not fly with my mom, the perfectionist, but I have always said that it was more important to be on hands and knees playing with my kids than scrubbing the floor!
"A clean house is a sign of a mispent life."
~Nancy

Jennifer Juniper said...

Amen!

Rhonda said...

Hmmm. Okay, so what does it mean if I wasn't invited to a single Christmas party?? Am I already dead? lol