Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Can You Find It?

I have several more ideas for my Tennis Ball Canisters. (please see the previous 2 posts for other ideas for these sleek, tall ,clear tubes).

Wouldn't it be fun to create your own Find It game? 
Here is an example of a "store bought" game. 

I was thinking about all of the "stuff" I could gather up from around my house:

tiny toys in the bottom of the toy bins
marbles
coins
junk drawer items
small notes to your child on a piece of heavy plastic
shells from the beach
an important rock
a treasured lego guy

Make a list as you plop the items into the canister. Then fill with birdseed, or styrofoam balls.  (rocks or sand will scratch the interior of the plastic container). Make sure to hot glue the lid into place.  Hand your child "The List" and watch them scramble to find all of their treasures.

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

We did this using an ornament sleeve, but your canisters will be much more sturdy!