Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fabulous Friends...Beautiful Bags


I had the absolute best day yesterday! A group of my crafty, creative friends got together, thanks to the great idea of one and the generosity of hosting by another. We made the best tote bags. I swear that I have been planning for this and anticipating it for a week! One friend got out of the car, equally excited, and asked if this was Christmas Eve! So All of the kids are slip-n-sliding, jumping on the trampoline, in and out of the house, generally running amok (with supervision). All of the Moms are elbow to elbow lined up at the patio table with an apple pin holder on the left, the sewing machine and the beer to the right! What fun! All of the girls brought different fabrics and we all made a great bag by the end of the day. Thanks to M who shouted the directions over the hum of the machines! I am thankful to have such fun friends, the absolute best part of the day was that we were all equally excited about it! We even talked about how many people we knew that even owned a sewing machine (besides us) NONE! I am forever grateful to be around such like minded souls! You are the best..Truely.

I do tend to get a little obsessed with things...I actually made a bag for my Mom yesterday, and I made the one (pictured) for myself today! I added a fun pocket to the outside for my cell phone and keys (which are always lost on the bottom of my bag). I may need to make some for gifts...Look out if you have an upcoming birthday!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Great idea to tack that pocket on the outside. It looks great!

the treat girl said...

awwwwhhhhh!!!....I'm still glowing over how much fun I had....it truly doesn't take much for us!!!...brainstorming already on the next gig!!!...