This story has been haunting me ever since I found out about it. It's so moving and emotional, so painful and yet provides so much hope.
There is a local family who lost their son in Iraq on January 2, 2008. He was electrocuted in the shower. His name was Ryan Maseth I have provided a link that details his many accomplishments and further details of his death.
Ryan's Mom launched a private investigation into her son's death, and uncovered a slew of problems. In essence, this Mom took on the Department of Defence and their electrical sub-contractor, KBR. She found that there had been 19 deaths in Iraq due to accidental electrocutions, and that KBR was negligent. Through unwavering strength and tenacity, she was able to prove negligence.
I am humbled by the strength and courage of this Mom. I hope that she can somehow see all of the lives that she has saved due to her tremendous effort.