Friday, April 16, 2010

Sorry, I can't today. I've got plans to try on clothes in an Industrial Park.

Oh, and did I mention that there are no dressing rooms?  Just the great outdoors.

There is a clothing company near here that has a sample sale a few times a year.  It's usually a circus (hence the tent-Ha!)  There are racks and racks of clothes, shoes, belts, bags. Everything you can think of.  They are priced on a sliding scale.  So, maybe $5 for one item, 3 for $10.  So, you have to keep track of your item count to get the best deal.

Sometimes you buy stuff just for the buttons, or the fabric, or maybe you can change something that you love.  Hey, it's pure inspiration. Lots of fun.

The tricky part is trying things on.  You are literally in the lawn of an office building in an industrial park. Plan your dress appropriately, and you'll be fine.  And, by that I mean: wear a skirt and a tank top. You can try on pants under the skirt, and tops on over the tank.  Some girls just wear swim suits, but I'm not up for that.  

Stop back to see what fabulous things I come home with!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Ooooh, sound like fun. Can't wait to see your goodies!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Ha! It's always fun when we go to that sale, the thrill of the hunt, you know? My favorite part was the signs on the all the windows of the offices that said "We CAN see you" Classic.

Anonymous said...

Which is one reason I like to shop where I know my sizes! But still, when the deal is right, the inconvenience is worth it.

the treat girl said...

Cindylou loooooves this sale too! She went last year with my neice and made out like a bandit!! Can't wait to see what you scored on!