Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here's What I Don't Want

I completely escaped the whole 'breakfast in bed for Mom on Mother's Day' experience today.  Due to crazy sport schedules, and late nights that led to sleepovers, I only have one snuggly bug 5 year old this morning.  He's happy to have cheerios and watch cartoons, and let me snuggle with him.  Ahhh, this is bliss.

I'm so glad that I don't have to endure the whole giant, crummy, bad coffee and eternal waiting breakfast in bed this year.  I'm just not a good enough actress to pull that off.  I tried last year, and the kids thought I didn't like the blueberry pancakes (which, I didn't, I have NEVER liked blueberry pancakes), but that wasn't the reason for my acting job.  I just don't like pretending to enjoy a giant breakfast that is making my bed crummy and sticky.  I'm a coffee for breakfast kind of girl.  And then breakfast, maybe at 10 am, and that would be some oatmeal or a simple bowl of cereal. 

I hope you are having a wonderful mother's day, whatever you are doing today!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I agree! This may be the best mother's day ever so far! I still have one sleeping and it's 9:30!

Deanna said...

I love the photo, by the way!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I'm still in my robe drinking my coffee...it's 9:30 and I was just thinking about getting some cereal too! Chip took Cindylou to brunch with his mom and siblings, T. is playing xbox...and Cubby is still sleeping! It's perfect!!! And I'm staring at a pretty little purple bag that I CAN'T WAIT to open!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I tried very hard all day to endure their "Kindness" which was kind of tough. I just wanted to be left alone!