Monday, July 12, 2010

A Lego Lover's Cake

My little guy(s) LOVE their Lego. I remember when I was growing up, my brothers would scratch through the big cardboard box of Lego pieces just as my boys do today.  My oldest son just found a Lego motor in the "big box" at my Moms, it uses 3 C-cell batteries, and turns a small gear, we estimated that it is 30 years old!  Does that make it Vintage Lego? 

We decided on a Lego theme for my recent 6 year old this year...mainly because all he wanted for his birthday was LEGO!


 So, a cake is born:  We used 2 sheet cakes, 9 X 12, and layered them, for the Lego brick.  Then, we used 6 cupcakes and turned them upside down for the Lego "buttons".  
We added a  real set of Lego people that lounged around the top of the cake.  My brother meticulously wrote "Lego" with icing on each of the "buttons" in the correct font. 
 My little guy just loved everything about it, including the fact that he got to keep the Lego guys from the cake.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool cake!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

How cute! I love all of the special touches and attention to detail!

Hope your little guy had a great birthday!

Judy@cutest-little-things

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love this - it's so him :)

the treat girl said...

What?! Are you turnin' into Marzipan over there?? GREAT cake!!!

Deanna said...

It's awesome! I love that the Lego has 6 buttons, one for each candle!

B said...

Awesome cake. Too funny that I find your blog listed on Hope Studio's on the same day I posted about lego.

Thanks for the great idea.