Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Easy Snowman Christmas Ornament Tutorial


Now this would make any Grandama smile.  Especially if it was given to her by her sweet grandchild. 

And, it would make a Mom smile if it bought a few extra minutes to wrap that last gift or bake one last batch of cookies!

Here's what you'll need:  Clear Christmas Balls.  Mine are Iridescent.


You'll need some puffy fabric paint to make a snowman face.  The puffy paint is great because it adds an extra dimension.  A Sharpie works just fine too.


Finish drawing your face, and then you are ready to stuff.
I found this easter grass that is iridescent and matched well with my ornament.  I just took a small bunch and pushed it into the open end of the ornament with a pencil eraser.



I had the kids stuff theirs with mini marshmallows.


I'd add some ribbon details, and maybe even a top hat made from a toilet parer roll if I had more time.
The kids LOVE these. 

If you have a fun Christmas Ornament that you've made, LINK UP to the Party over at Hope Studios!

4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

That is so cute! I've seen them full of fake snow and epsom salts, too!

Anonymous said...

Those are cute. I have one filled with fake snow from a student--received it YEARS ago and still hang it on my tree every year.

the treat girl said...

Super.Duper.Cute!! You know I'm snowman-crazy over here, don't you??? Gotta get the kiddos busy making me some!

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love the marshmallow idea!