Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Perpetual Girlfriend: Vicki Iovine

Vicki is my Girlfriend who writes the side-splitting Girlfriend's Guides. Vicki doesn't know me personally, but I list her as one of my girlfriends anyway. She would be my girlfriend if she lived anywhere near here. Vicki has 4 kids and an hectic/crazy house/lifestyle....let's just say that we can relate.

I laughed trough the Guide to Pregnancy, and the Guide to the First Year, and the Guide to Toddlers. I started reading : The Girlfriend's Guide to Getting Your Groove Back, but realized that I was still in the midst of diapers, naps and babyfood. It was just not relevant. I need to read that one next.

I picked up The Girlfriend's Guide to Parties and Playdates the other day. (It was published in 2003....Sorry Vicki, I've been busy over here and haven't had a chance to keep up with your latest.) There's lots of good stuff in here girls....some stuff you already know...like never invite 2 of your daughter's friends to play at the same time ( 3 is a bad playdate number). And some stuff that is very interesting like tips on how to organize your house so that the toys don't crowd you out but yet the kids still want to live there.

No comments: