Monday, February 2, 2009

Here's a Little Project to Keep the Kids Busy


One of my little ones came home from school today excitedly describing what they did in science class. She went on to explain that's it's called a milk explosion....whoa there...sounds explosively messy. I was assured that it was not quite an explosion.

Here's what you need: Milk, food coloring, dish soap, a flat plate, and a toothpick.
Pour the milk onto the flat plate, surface area is the key here. Drop a drip of food coloring in the center and then dip the toothpick in the dish soap...then place the tooth pick into the center of the food coloring drop. The color immediately retracts from the dish soap..explodes, if you will. Try it with various colors. Very fun.

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

That looks fun! I'll have to try it!

Unknown said...

Never mind the kids, I want to try this myself! Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the project. :-)