Friday, October 9, 2009

If You Have Never Tried Costco's Chocolate Cake...

Go now and get yourself $16 worth of bliss. This cake is huge..triple layer and 10 inches round, but not a crumb is wasted at my house. The plastic tray is licked clean. It's hard to describe how moist that cake is, and how intoxicating the icing is, you just must try it.

My daughter loves it, and requested it for her 11th birthday. I was trying to find a way to "jazz" it up. I've tried piping my own icing on, but it always looks so amateurish. I saw this marzipan at Joann's and wondered if it could be just that easy. The box contains 4 colors of ready to roll out marzipan. Just use a rolling pin, wax paper and cookie cutters.

Look at the polka dots that we added to her cake. She loved that I got her the cake, and she loved that she decorated it. The marzipan WAS just that easy. The colors were obnoxiously bright, and I wouldn't recommend eating a huge wad of the stuff at one sitting, but it worked well.

Apparently it's at age 11 when the cake must get a little more sophisticated. Pink flowers by the dozens will no longer do. (In fact, anything pink will no longer do.) This was a great fix for us, maybe it could work for you too?

2 comments:

the treat girl said...

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm actually "caked out" over here after my Christmas in October...but when I'm on the rebound I HAVE to get one...it's long overdue...and thanks for trying that marzipan...looks like fun :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

I know you won't believe it, but my Guinness chocolate cake tasted as good as our favorite cake!