Monday, November 3, 2008

Grafitti?



We were back at McConnel's Mill yesterday. It was such and amazingly beautiful and warm day for early November. I just made sense to take advantage of the weather and go out for a walk. (By the way, I'm not sure when a walk becomes a hike, but maybe it's when you walk in the woods??)

The McConnel's mill terrain was formed when the glaciers that were moving across North America stopped at this point, dumping all of the rocky debris. The place has always been fascinating. Horses and buggies made their way to the mill to grind their wheat, and through the ages, people have left their mark. Whether it be initials carved in trees or dates carved in the stone.

I came across my favorite yesterday: How about the script?

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Man, it would take some skill to carve your name in a boulder using a perfect script! I loved it when I saw all the couple's initials carved in the trees at Cook Forest dating back to the 1930's.

the treat girl said...

I have to squeeze I more hike in this year.......maybe today????....my dad is taking a Harley ride to come see us for the afternoon...maybe I'll have him suprise Carson at the Mill!!!