Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am Determined to Get Done Early This Year

I am determined to get my Christmas shopping done early this year. Every year I resolve, but this time I'm serious. I think everyone is on more of a budget this year, more so than in years past, and I'm also committing to sticking to that. I've even given myself a deadline of November 30th. Wouldn't it be nice to relax and enjoy the festive weeks before Christmas, enjoying what the season is truly about: a celebration, family, gratefulness and appreciating those that you love? This year I resolve to banish frantic mad-dash running.

The catalogs have begun to arrive at my door in earnest, and my kids have started to gather all of the toy catalogs and circle with sharpie everything that they want. Let's just say the Lego catalog is nearly one big black circle.

I love to avoid even going to the stores, so here's the plan: Order from catalogs! Couldn't be simpler, selected items arrive at your door, generously packaged in concealed brown boxes (so that they can go right to the "hiding place" without even being opened!) The only thing that cranks me off is paying for the shipping. Then I found this site: www.freeshipping.org . It gives free shipping codes for more than 800 web sites!

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I hit Amazon hard last year for the free shipping and it made my life so much easier! I want to join you, we'll keep each other on track!

the treat girl said...

What!!? free shipping???..Gotta check it out!!!!!