Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ready to Roll


I consider baking an arts and craft activity at my house....sort of a Go-To when the TV's been on too long. My little guy and I whipped these up yesterday. They are the greatest sugar cookies, mostly because they are ready to roll out right after they are mixed...no refrigeration. And, they are incredibly consistent and easy to make. The taste is pretty good, and as long as you are junking them up with lots of sugar and icing, they're great.

Let's face it, when it comes to kid's food, it's more about how it looks...bright neon colors are the best. The kids love to cut them out with the cookie cutters and decorate them. I make them for every occasion...did I mention how easy they are??

Easy Sugar Cookies

1c. butter Consistency is the Key..leave it on the counter for a few hours
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 tsp. baking powder
3 c. flour

Preheat oven to 400. in large bowl, cream butter & sugar. then add vanilla and egg. Mix flour and baking powder separately then combine with butter mixture. On floured surface, roll out. If the dough is too stiff, you can add a little water, a drop at a time, until the consistency is right. Bake 6-7 min.

1 comment:

the treat girl said...

You know....I have a lot of talents and baking isn't one of them....we make cut out cookies once a year at christmas using that pouch from Betty Crocker....and they are only used to put on the plate for santa....and even he won't eat them.....I am determined to master these!!!.....they sound so easy!!!...I can do this!