Thursday, October 23, 2008

What a Feeling: To Walk into a Room and Be Immediately Understood

My crafty sisters and I are at it again....This time with 2 versions of pumpkins. We made some gold and copper leaf versions for those who wanted to give it a try, and another friend had us making easy fabric pumpkins .
I think they are beautiful all piled and smooshed. The perfect autumn colors, and just the right amount of sheen, like the angled bright autumn sun.
I sewed together a bunch of my sewing scraps into a sort of quilt to make my pumpkin. I am very happy it turned out so well....Sewing the scraps together took a lot more time than I expected....let's just say I gained a new appreciation for quilters.

We all enjoyed the brief 2 hours of banter, latest news, stories & updates on sagas. Sure, the craft is fun, but I think the best part is that you "come as you are" in all states, physically and emotionally. Judgment is left at the door, and you walk into one cozy and strong support system.

The "system" makes some pretty darn good carrot cake and lemon cupcakes, too!

No comments: