Friday, December 26, 2008

And the Winner Is:

Everyone asks, Let's face it. "What was your favorite gift?" Well, this year, I have a clear winner: Who wouldn't love a book entitled: "Mom is Always Right. Words That Celebrate the World's Smartest Moms". And. Of course, it was given to me by my Mom!

Here are a few words of wisdom:

"Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined"- John Abbott

"Mother is far too clever to understand anything that she does not like"-Arnold Bennett

""Motherhood brings us as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else will ever make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own"-Margarite Kelly and Elia Parsans

I've enjoyed a quiet and peaceful day browsing through this book looking for the wisdom in like minds. Thanks Mom!



1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I will be borrowing this, I'm sure! I hope you had a merry Christmas!