Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How to WOW Kindergarten Kids and Teachers Alike

All you have to do is combine the kid's three favorite ingredients: Sugar, Butter and Sugar! I made these for my Kindergartener's class today and everyone really liked them...before I left, I was typing a copy of the recipe for the teachers.

Here's all you have to do to amaze young and old alike: Make your standard sugar cookie....use my recipe from a few months back...the tried and true, old stand by. Then, use a large cookie cutter and then a smaller one to make a hole in your cookie. Have the kids choose thier favorite flavor of Jolly Rancher and put it in the center "hole". Bake as normal. The candy will get all bubbly in there, just let it go...It will smooth out like glass as they cool. I find it's best to bake them on parchment paper, just because they slide off so easily. I've also thought of crushing some of the candies to make a stained glass effect, but haven't yet tried it.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

They're very cool! I'm so glad it went well for you!