Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I've Been Wanting To for Years...



I've been wanting to do this for years...And, thanks to the spiraling and unpredictable economy, I think this is the year to forgo the luxury and the over the top presentations.

This is definitely the year for "Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String"! I added a little color by making my own "From" tags. Let's face it, scrawling 6 names on the "From" section of those little cards was a little tedious, so I just made up my own and printed them on cardstock.

I tied a little greenery at the center for interest. I wanted them to look a little travelled and worn, I almost crumpled the paper before I wrapped them, but then I thought I was going a little far. I mean, some of the things in these boxes came from Amazon, but Not THE Amazon!

My kids completely hated the idea, I'll confess. They insist that any "kid" packages have to be wrapped brightly, festively and with lots of ribbon--not string. Oh well, you can't please all of the people all of the time!

No comments: