Last week I shared the great Holes in My Shirt Problem that I have. (And maybe you have too?)
I have pictured here the shirt, which was perfectly good, except it had several holes in the front...directly where the button from my jeans rubs on the kitchen counter. Last week, I shared a scarf that I made with two t-shirts and some inspiration from Alabama Chanin.
So, I decided to save my shirt. I used a template to cut a leaf pattern in the shirt, making sure to cut out the part that had the holes. I used soap as tailors chalk.
Then, I carefully cut out the leaf pattern, that I spread out a bit, and wrapped around to the back of the shirt.
After that, I laid out the shirt on a cookie sheet and carefully outlined the inner part of each leaf, using a Q-tip, with bleach. I used that same template and the same techniques with my scarf from last week.