Friday, January 8, 2010

We are Hosting Flat Stanley, AND it's a Snow Day!


We are happily hosting Flat Stanley.  Flat Stanley is a children's book where Stanley get flattened by a falling chalkboard.  He doesn't get hurt, but his flattened shape allows him to mail himself to friend's houses and to have all kinds of adventures.  Read More about this grade school project HERE.

Our Stanley is from Atlanta, where they hardly ever get snow.  He's a picture of Stanley taped to a ruler.


And, here is Stanley in the snow!  Stanley is 8 inches tall, and we have 7 inches of snow!  I can hardly wait to share all of Stanley's adventures with my nephew who sent him to visit with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore Flat Stanley--it's such a clever idea. I wish one of my kids' teachers would take it up!