Friday, January 29, 2010

Fundraising Auction Project: The Big Reveal

Yesterday I told you about the Auction Project for my kid's school.  Today, I promised to share with you what we were going to do with the glass beads that we made with the students drawings. And, here it is:

We are going to string each student's bead onto a sterling 18" chain and add two sterling beads to finish the necklace.  I was so excited to find this necklace that allows the beads to be interchanged. 

I took the beads to school yesterday to show the students what Hubby was able to create from their designs.  They loved seeing their creations come to life! 

Just look at these examples of the student's work, and what Hubby created:

I love this student's creativity:  He was the only one who designed a bead that wasn't round.

The kids were so excited to take home their order forms so that their Dad's could get a Valentine's gift for their Moms, or maybe do a little early shopping for Mother's Day.  I'm hoping the orders come flying in.  This was such a fun project to be a part of. 

I may need to add "custom made bead necklace" to my Etsy shop!

5 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Only Kev could come up with a perfect replica of a child's drawing in bead form! Yep, he rocks. :)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! That is a cool project.

Deanna said...

I love the rainbow bead - they're all beautiful!

Wendy said...

Your Husband did such an amazing job! What a great idea ~ just gorgeous!

the treat girl said...

OMG!!!!!!!! You guys make the perfect team over there!!!!!!!!! And get those things on Etsy ASAP....I know what I want for Valentine's Day!!!!