Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two Cleaning Products That You Should Know About

I've said it time and time again, but if there is a cleaning product that promises to make the job faster, slicker, easier, more fun, I'll try it!  I'm a marketers dream in this area!  It doesn't take much.  But, the benefit is that I've done a lot of "research" (i.e. wasted a lot of money) so, please use this to your benefit!

Here are two things that I've found that have really saved me.  You should really try them.  The first is a Scotch Brite cleaning towel for windows.  Sinply dampen the towel with plain water and wash your windows and mirrors.  Streak free and amazing every time.  I love that fact that I'm not spraying chemicals, and the towel is re-useable.  I got mine for less that $4 at Target.  The one pictured here is yellow, but mine is blue.  Look for it the next time you are out.  You'll thank me time and time again.


The second product that I'd like to share are these little Carbona Stain Devils.  They are on the top shelf above the laundry detergents at my grocery store.  They are tiny little bottles.  They are specially formulated to clean specific stains in your laundry.  The bottles are marked: oil/grease, coffee, blood, grass stains...they make it easy.  The one that I must have in this house is oil/grease.  For whatever reason, there is always an oily stain on the front of a perfectly good shirt.  When I blogged about the holes in my shirts, some of you mentioned these frustrating grease stains.  Even if you've put your clothes through the dryer before you see the offending spot, just dab on a bit of the stain fighter, and throw it back into the dirty clothes hamper. These little bottles have saved more shirts that I could count.


How about you?  Any cleaning product that you can't live without?  I'd love to hear about it.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Thank you thank you thank you!! I have a huge grease stain on one of my favorite shirts - I'm putting these items on my grocery list!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

Oh thanks for the tips! I'll have to try these!

I swear by Mr. Clean Erasers and Spray and Wash stain sticks! I should buy stock in these companies I buy and recommend these products so much!

Judy@cutest-little-things

the treat girl said...

What?! The clean freak that I am have never seen either of these??? That one more reason I need my soul sisters!!! Putting them on my list now!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Obviously I need all the help I can get in this aspect. So thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen those before. Now if only they'd find a product to get rid of bleach stains...

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Thank you...grease is the problem here, too! I think pizza is the culprit! I have to try it. I just recently got Earth Brite because I have an electric range with the black glass top...this stuff really works at getting all the baked on grunge off!
~Nancy