Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here's an Hour's Worth of Fun For Everyone. Plus, a Wee Bit of I Wonder Why Wednesday.


Gather your supplies: Here's what you'll need: A plastic bottle with the bottom cut off, rubber bands, a small bit of fabric, two shallow bowls, one containing water, the other that contains dish detergent. (The bottom of the bottle needs to fit into the shallow bowls). Thanks to Family Fun for the idea!


Now, have your crew assemble the supplies as below: Cover the open end of the bottle with the fabric (a kid's washcloth works great), and secure with the rubber bands.

Now, dip the fabric end into the water bowl, then the detergent bowl, and BLOW!

The result is tons of giggle inducing bubbles that uncurl from the end of the bottle like one of those smoke snakes on the 4th of July.

My kids also played limbo and then jump rope the with hose on stream.


And here's my "I Wonder Why Wednesday" segment:

I wonder why guys seem to have a complete inability to control themselves when it comes to "beefing up" projects.

My guy decided that if we used a huge 2 gallon juice bottle and the shop vac, we could totally automate the process and fill my yard with bubbles. The results were less than the desired "snow in July" effect.

I see that he and my son have "Plan B" all worked out: I found this "Master Plan" on my kitchen table this morning!
Leave me a comment and tell me what your husband has "Beefed Up"!

5 comments:

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

This looks like a lot of fun!! I am gonna have to try it with my grand-girl!

As for beefing things up..my hubby isn't a beefer-upper (is that a word?)! Am I lucky or is hubby just not normal?

Jennifer Juniper said...

I wondered if that would work, I'm glad you tried it! We're going to make the seashore bottle project next week.
My Guy beefs up everything, most currently the tree house!

Infarrantly Creative said...

OMG love that...my Isaac would love that. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Infarrantly Creative said...

I saw this in my last issue of FF and have wanted to try it. it looks like it works pretty well huh? Awesome my 3 year old would love it.