Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This is the Kind of Help I Get


We have been away for a few days just Gallivanting as my Mom would say. Visiting some relatives, taking bike rides, discovering new local places. A really fun few days, more on that later.

We got home and you know how the house is always a disaster when you come home, right? Well, yesterday was buckle-down and clean day. I was absolutely desperate to get the school papers off of the floor in my office. (They are in new stacks, but NOT gone.) General pick-up and clean-up were in order. I asked the kids to help/do their part since they made most of the mess. Funny how this registers in a kid's mind. I was sweeping through the kitchen and came across this:

Kid #2 proudly announces that he helped by filling the cookie jar. And all a good Mom can do is smile and say "Thank You".

3 comments:

the treat girl said...

Oh....and the kind of help I would give you would be to EAT all of the cookies down to where the lid would fit on nicely!!! :)That is why I go to the Y every day!!!

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

I'm with Treat Girl!! I would help her with cookie detail!!

Deanna said...

Mark always wonders why I don't have the kids help out more than I do...maybe I'll forward this post!