Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Little Mom Time this Week


A Little Mom time always entails lots of Kid Time. Especially because we have 11 kids among us (and we were missing a few). So, The kid craft comes first. Then, maybe if we get lucky, there are some quiet moments for us.

I found some rocks for the kids to paint and make creatures out of.
They painted and played games. Ok, the kids are busy, fine, fed, and amused. Now, for the real reason for this get together:

I saw this DIY at Enchantresses 3. I knew it would be the perfect Girls Day Out Project. We made a J. Crew ish Corsage T-Shirt. Ours were under $10. At J. Crew, they were $78 or something silly like that.

First buy 2 t-shirts, one to wear, and one to use as fabric for the corsage. I cut my fabric in a heart shape and started sewing them on in clusters, being sure to tuck one underneath another to bulk it up a little.

Juniper and The Treat Girl cut layered circles and stacked them. They hand sewed them to their shirts in a sort of twisty, pinchy way. It took awhile to get it right, but finished product was beautiful.
I may need to get a few t-shirts to try it this way. They looked super cute!
We all look terrific in our new "Bingo shirts" as my hubby calls them. (Clearly he knows nothing about fashion.)

And, look what I found in the NEW J. Crew Fall line:
Saving $78 if you ask me!

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I had fun and refilled my estrogen reserves! I see a new project!

I'm picturing all my clothes with rosettes all over them, I can't stop!

Deanna said...

Thank you SO much for hosting! And what a cute tank!

Enchantresses Three said...

Thanks for the link! Your shirts turned out amazing and I love the idea of circles for the corsages as well! Great job!
I linked you on our blog over at

enchantresses3.blogspot.com

~Jamey