Friday, September 4, 2009

2 Things You Can Do With an Empty Tissue Box Plus a Surprise!


I always use an empty tissue box to store all of those plastic bags from the grocery store. I keep one under the sink in the kitchen, and one near the cat's litter box. I just pull them out as needed. It's an extremely convenient way to conquer the plastic bag jumble, and an easy access way to re-use them.
My girlfriend always keeps one in her car. She uses it as a trash can. All of the bits of wrapper and straw paper pushes nicely through the plastic hole at the top, but won't come out easily. Once the trash receptacle is full, it can be disposed of. It's an ingenious way to re-use and re-purpose.
And, now for the surprise:
Did you know that you can design your own Tissue Box? The Beautiful people over at Kleenex let you Design your own. How fun! Now, you have a new gift idea for the person on your list that has everything! (for a mere $4.99).

12 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

If your kids get carsick like mine, it makes a perfect puke catcher! Ha, you asked!

the treat girl said...

Sister!!! I love it!!!!!!! And just when you thought you were re-purposing everything....another great mom-idea comes along!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Oh my heck that is cute. That is definitely a gift for someone who has everything!

Wendy said...

I too have one as a garbage collector in my car. And how fun to design your own!

Unknown said...

Isn't that nifty! I had no idea a person could design their own kleenex box. What will they think of next?

Erica said...

I use baby wipes containers for storing plastic bags. I like your idea for garbage in the car here. Stopping by from Hoo's Got talent.
-Mama E
www.homeandheartsblog.com

Denise Marie said...

how cool of an idea~!

Jill said...

I love the plastic bag idea! And that is so fun you can design your own kleenex box!

Unknown said...

how clever! our car is usually littered with bits of paper but this might actually encourage people to put their garbage in the right place! and thanks for that design your own tissue box idea, that's great stuff!

Erin said...

It never occured to me to put one under the sink for all those plastic bags that go everywhere. You are a genius! Thank you so much for the idea. Now I'm going to go check out Kleenex and see how that works =o)

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

You just solved my problem! Thanks so much! Also thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog you have:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com