Friday, September 18, 2009

This Ring Rocks...Literally.

I don't often get "stories" about my customers. But, I got this one recently, and I thought I'd share.
I sell my items at a local shop that specializes in handmade goods. The shop has quite a loyal following, and gets many special requests. There was a lady who had requested the above ring in a size 10. Well, I don't usually do a 10. (Whole sizes, 6-9 is what I carry). I had to decline.

Then I got a call from the shop saying that the lady was begging. This woman has a form of arthritis that has caused her knuckles to become larger, hence the need for a larger size. This woman also is the lead singer for a local band. The band is pretty big locally, and opens for some big bands that tour nationally. She wants to wear my ring onstage! She just thought it would be the perfect compliment wrapped around the microphone.

I told my hubby about the request, and he made it happen. The ring is now a perfect size 10, and is ready to rock!

4 comments:

the treat girl said...

You go girl!!!!! That's an awesome brush with fame!

Jennifer Juniper said...

That is a really cool story, what band??? Not that I'm cool enough to know it...

Let it Shine said...

That is awesome!
You rock!

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Your glasswork is gorgeous. I have a friend who makes beads, too - the more I see of this, the more I wish I was able to do it, too.

Anyway, came across you on infarrantly creative and followed you here. Will now follow your blog, too ;-).

Keep beading!