Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fabulous Flower Belt Tutorial

I made some flowers out of boiled wool, a bit of thread and some buttons. See my post yesterday for the tutorial. These flowers are sweet on their own, but something struck me, and I just had to give in.

I found this nice thick brown leather belt in my closet. Pretty plain and utilitarian.


Then, I sewed one of my boiled wool flowers to the buckle.

Take a look at this belt!

I love a side-slung belt, and this little flower at the hip was just the thing to make this belt something special. I absolutely adore it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh- LOVE this... I have all sorts of felted sweaters in my stash just waiting to be remade into belt accessories. :) gorgeous!

stephanie h said...

that is just too cute!

Jennifer Juniper said...

It did turn out cute, I'll have to run to Goodwill to find an old sweater!